Thursday, April 5, 2007

Response to Technology Counts article

In response to the article, as well as the student voice section, I feel that some english teachers make all other english teacher's lives a mess when they completely restrict technology in the classroom. Who says we cannot use some technology for projects and research? I believe technology will be an important part of my classroom, but not entirely the whole curriculum. Some english teachers that do not follow any Constructivist methods ruin it for all other english teachers who try to bring in the best of both the literary and technology worlds. I do not plan on using technology for everything in my classroom, nor do I believe that I wil rely solely on just books and such. I will try to get a good dynamic of both worlds so that my students are immersed in what they believe is fun and interesting and what I also believe will help them with their futures.

Some teachers rely solely on worksheets taken from textbooks, reading aloud entire books, boring projects, etc. These methods are not good for anyone, whether in the tech-age or not.

No comments: