Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Reflection Idea

Based on the article called "Ed Tech Must Change Its Message," I have decided to narrow my reflection down to two main parts. I want to focus on the following ideas:

1.) Teacher education in the United States needs to produce a new generation of teachers that are able to accomodate with the changing societal times. This includes being comfortable with technology, knowing how to properly use it in a classroom, and understanding its role in education.

I will demonstrate how teacher pedagogies must be aligned with the current educational trends. So, a traditionalist approach to education today would not mesh well with the pedagogies of group collaboration and such. Instead, a proactive, constructivist approach is more acceptable.

2.) Technology can be used in a 21-st century world to foster critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, innovation, and collaboration through a media specialized curriculum.

I will touch on the various ways in which the technology we used in our classrooms, and as was discussed in class articles and texts, helped us to be more creative meaning-makers.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Staci-

I'll post a live link on my blog, but I found this site that made me think IMMEDIATELY of you- I know you're interested in becoming an administrator someday.

This blog is a collaboration of administrators venting their ideas, ambitions, and concerns with one another. It's pretty interesting. Check it out.

http://www.leadertalk.org/


Enjoy.

Staci said...

aww thanks meg! that was really nice of you! :)

CHARITY said...

I ran into that site too along the way in this class somewhere!! it's pretty cool. I think I subscribed to it in bloglines now. haha.
Staci, I can't wait to read your reflection paper, it sounds like it will be very insightful and interesting! Can you post it on your blog after its finished so I can read it? =)

Staci said...

lol. sure, charity! thanks for your support! I can always count on you!