Thursday, May 3, 2007

Our Presentation

I enjoyed last night's PowerPoint presentation that Jami and I put together. The hardest part of the project was creating the content. It was not a simple topic, and we had to do enough research that would have surely counted toward a large research essay. Doing the PP itself was a piece of cake. It just takes time to get every slide done to your liking. But the process is quite simple.

I am glad we got some class participation. We did not want to lecture because we felt everyone could have known at least one thing about something in the PP. Thanks for contributing!

Overall, the project was labor intensive, but not diffcult in the least. I enjoyed doing it, and I am sure my students will be even better at it than me!

2 comments:

administrator said...

Your project obviously took a lot of work. I was very impressed at how you synthesized all of the information from this entire semester into a few slides. I think that this would be a good project to assign to students at the end of the school year (kind of like how you did at the end of the semester) to help them reflect on what they learned.

Staci said...

Savanna-
that's a great idea. I did not think about that. It would be a great assessment on what they learned. Perhaps they could use all of the different texts that we have analyzed over the course of the year. :) Cool! Can I just get into the classroom now and do this? Haha.